Thank you both very much for the tips, Ramona and David. I'll definitely look into both!

Yes, that's a very good point about health outcomes. Having worked on child maltreatment-related diagnoses in electronic health records, I am well aware of the messiness of health data. For large data sets, I guess we have to work with what's available, despite limitations, and keep pushing for better quality data.

As for flu shots, maybe you can look at some large longitudinal data sets?  For example, it looks like IPUMS has information on flu shots https://healthsurveys.ipums.org/.  It might be easier to get flu shot data for children. Good luck!