For its third year running, the Archives of Ontario is planning its #ArchivesAtoZ social media campaign! This year, the campaign will be taking place from Monday, April 3 to Friday, April 28. We’d love other archives and memory institutions to participate too!

The campaign works like this: each day will focus on a particular letter of the alphabet. Our post for that day will feature a key term in the archival world or an important word (a place name, a form of technology, etc.) that starts with that day’s letter. So, for example, the Archives of Ontario’s word of the day for April 3 will be “analogue” (for the letter A), but feel free to come up with your own word or term for that day and all the others. We also encourage you to use the #ArchivesAtoZ hashtag in your posts.

The aim for the #ArchivesAtoZ campaign is to increase the public’s general awareness about archives in a fun and engaging way.
The schedule for each day and its respective letter can be found below. For inspiration, we’ve also included the words that the Archives of Ontario will be sharing each day on its English and French social channels, but we encourage you to come up with your own words that best reflect your institution and collections – get creative!

Please don’t hesitate to connect with me if you and/or your institution is interested in participating, or if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers,

Ashton Osmak
T: 416-567-2702
E: [log in to unmask]

#ArchivesAtoZ Campaign Schedule and Archives of Ontario Words:

April 3: A (first day of campaign / Archives Awareness Week in Ontario) – Analogue / Analogue
April 4: B – Barcode / Boîtes
April 5: C – Carte-de-visite / Carte-de-visite
April 6: D – Digitization / Dons
April 7: E – Ephemera / Éphémère
April 8: F – Franco-Ontarians / Franco-Ontariens
April 9: G – Gloves/ Gants
April 10: H – Hand-colouring / Humour
April 11: I – Inherent vice / Insectes
April 12: J – Jobs / Jeune/les jeunes
April 13: K – Kids / Kiosque
April 14: L – Letterhead / Lettres
April 15: M – Marginalia / Notes marginales
April 16: N – Negatives / Négatifs/ives
April 17: O – Outreach / œuvres d'art
April 18: P – Provenance / Provenance
April 19: Q – Q&A / Q&R
April 20: R – Repatriation / Rapatriement
April 21: S – Storage / Sensibilisation
April 22: T – Treaties / Traités
April 23: U – Unique / Unique
April 24: V – Vital statistics / Vice inhérent
April 25: W – Wikimedia Commons / Wikimedia Commons
April 26: X – Xylography / Xylographie
April 27: Y – Yearbooks / YouTube
April 28: Z (last day of campaign!) – Zzz / Zzz