The History of Economics Society will hold its 50th meeting from June 22
to 25, 2023 in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The
conference will take place at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA,
located at 1180 W. Hastings St., Vancouver.

The deadline for paper and session submissions is March 1, 2023. The
early registration deadline is April 15, 2023.

https://historyofeconomics.org/2023-meeting-vancouver/

Vancouver has hosted three other History of Economics Society
conferences; this will be the first in the City's downtown core, close
to Stanley Park, Canada Place.

The Vancouver International Airport (YVR, CYVR) is located on Sea Island
in Richmond, British Columbia, 16 km (7.5 miles) from the conference
hotel by car; 38 minutes via SkyTrain's Canada Line to Waterfront
Station (plus a 12 minute walk to our conference hotel).

We are very happy to announce our plenary speakers: (i) Tim Brook,
perhaps best known for _Vermeer's Hat_ (2008) but speaking to us on his
more recent work on how cartographic interactions between China and
Europe enriched economic thought; and (ii) a panel on the history of
economic freedom indices, featuring Michael Walker (founder, Fraser
Institute), Robert Lawson (Economic Freedom of the World Report), and
Simeon Djankov (LSE). Ross Emmett will give the presidential address.

YOUNG SCHOLARS

The HES provides support for several Warren J. and Sylvia J. Samuels
Young Scholars to present papers at the conference, in the form of free
registration, banquet and reception tickets, three nights lodging at the
conference hotel, and a year's membership in the society. A Young
Scholar must be a current PhD candidate, or have been awarded a PhD in
2020 or later. Those interested in having their paper considered for the
Young Scholars program will be able to indicate their interest when they
submit their paper proposal through the conference website, and will be
contacted subsequently with more details about the program.

--
Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak
Secretary, History of Economics Society