Forwarding the following email on behalf of Luminate Mental Health Conference Series (LMHCS).

Regards,

Amanda Furlano

Program Assistant/Secretary

School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website:  http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

T 416-736-2100 ext 55157

health.info.yorku.ca<https://health.info.yorku.ca/>

[Faculty of Health  | York University Logo]

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.

________________________________
You can now register for the Luminate 2023 Student Mental Health & Wellbeing Conference!

Our student-centric academic conference gives undergraduate students the opportunity to attend engaging live events with faculty and student guest speakers, learn evidence-based skills relevant to student life, learn about research in the mental health field, and view undergraduate research projects at our Student Research Fair. Our mission is to prioritize mental health awareness and showcase undergraduate research.

The two-day conference will take place in-person on Thursday, March 16th, and Friday, March 17th. Open to all York University, Ryerson University and University of Toronto students!

Conference Itinerary

DAY 1: Wednesday, March 23rd

  1.  Workshop: Mind-Body Health

Time: 10:30AM – 11:30 AM

Room: Stong MDR

Presented by  Darya Shavandi, Kamal Iharratane, Marwa Bafagih and Tamar Patel

Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/569859564297

Learn from your peers how sleep, exercise, diet and overall physical health impact our mental health so that you can improve yourself and stay healthy!

2. Student Data Blitz

Time: 12:30PM – 2:00PM

Room: Stong MDR

Guest Judge: Dr. Maxwell Barranti

Registration Link:https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/558327952937

Join us to listen to current undergraduate research happening in Toronto on all topics surrounding psychology, mental health, and well-being! Selected research fair presenters will be giving short talks highlighting their research and findings – and one presenter will be awarded with the best Data Blitz talk!

ONLINE: Thursday, March 16th and March 17th

Student Research Fair

Time: All Day

View academic posters and audio presentations showcasing undergraduate research projects at our Virtual Student Research Fair. Leave comments and questions on presentations and vote for your favourite project!

The Student Research Fair will be held asynchronously on our website.

DAY 2: Friday, March 17th

1. Coffee Chat – Networking Event

Time: 10:00AM – 12:00PM

Room: Stong MDR

Guests: Katherine Newman, Jessica Zaffino, Savannah Tremblay, and MORE!

Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/569861720747

Register for this networking event for a chance to discuss all things research, grad school and other opportunities with Toronto’s graduate students. These students represent vast experiences on their road to graduate school and are excited to answer your questions... while consuming some morning snacks and beverages of course!

2. KEYNOTE SPEECH: Brain Hacks (or not) on Boosting Productivity

Time: 3:00PM – 4:30PM

Room: Stong MDR

Guest Speaker: Dr. Norman Farb from the University of Toronto

Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/569863445907

An engaging event on brain hacks boosting productivity in daily life from different perspectives. Knowing the why and so what behind certain mental or physical health practices informs and inspires pupils to implement ‘brain hacks’.

You can also register for events on our website:

https://luminateconference.ca/academic-conference-2022-2/

Follow us on social media to stay up to date with all event details:

Instagram: luminateconference

If you have any questions, email us at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[Registration will remain open until the start of each event.]