Dear colleagues,

The History of Economics Society (HES) will sponsor four sessions at the
Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA) meetings, January 5-7, 2024, in
San Antonio, TX.

The ASSA offers historians of economic thought an opportunity to present
high-quality historical research to a wider audience of professional
economists. Given this, preference will be given to proposals that are most
likely to interest the broader community. Please remember proposals are
invited for entire sessions, rather than single papers.

Please submit session proposals, including (1) abstracts for each proposed
paper, (2) key words, and JEL codes (3) the name, e-mail address and
affiliation of each paper presenter and of the chair of the proposed
session, to me at [log in to unmask] The deadline for submissions is May
21, 2023.

Sessions that are sponsored jointly with another society are welcomed, as
are proposals for sessions marking significant events in the discipline.

If you are planning to submit a proposal, please email at
[log in to unmask] asap me to at least let me know the theme, and any
plans for joint sessions with other societies, so that I am aware of what
is coming in.

Maria Pia Paganelli
Vice President, HES

--
Maria Pia Paganelli
Dept of Economics

Co-Editor of the *Oxford Handbook of Adam Smith* (with Christopher Berry &
Craig Smith), Oxford University Press, 2013:
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199605064.do#.Ue_NTIxwaM8

The Routledge Guidebook to Smith's Wealth of Nations. Routledge. 2020.
https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Guidebook-to-Smiths-Wealth-of-Nations/Paganelli/p/book/9781138686151

President, The International Adam Smith Society. Support the IASS:
https://smithsociety.org/support/