07831 806575

From: Societies for the History of Economics <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Maria Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply to: Societies for the History of Economics <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2023 at 13:43
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [SHOE] Ceteris Never Paribus: Looking for contributions

Dear all,

As you may have seen, I have returned to podcasting after a long break. I am now looking to do an episode on PhD supervision. There seems to be a growing interest in understanding what is good and bad supervision, and what kinds of things help academics train to do this part of their job better. As a young researcher, who has yet to supervise, it also interests me personally to dig deeper into this thing called supervision.

So I would like to talk to you! Would you be willing to be recorded talking about your experiences as a supervisor or as someone being supervised (as a PhD student)? Or if you just feel like submitting a little anecdote, record a short snippet on your phone (e.g. use the voice memo app on your iPhone) and send the file to me by replying to this email with the audio file attached. Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions before you commit to anything.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Your loyal podcasting historian of economics

Maria Bach

Economist and Historian

Centre Walras-Pareto

Université de Lausanne, Unil

Tel.: 0041 (0)76 483 64 70

Academia / LinkedIn / @mvsbach

Co-host of Ceteris Never Paribus: The History of Economic Thought Podcast