Hello Colleagues,

The Municipal Archives Interest Group (MAIG) is seeking submissions for our annual publication, the MAIGazine, and the deadline has been extended to Friday, August 18.

This year's theme is "Community Connections," and we'd love to hear how you connect to the community you serve - whether it be through outreach and programming, online engagement, in-person or virtual events, repatriation, digitization, conservation, or other special projects.

We will also be accepting shorter submissions for the "News Corner" column, where we highlight exciting updates, accomplishments or milestones achieved by individuals and institutions in our community. Examples include: receiving a grant, a new acquisition, completing a special project, introducing a new staff member, retirements, reaching a career milestone, or simply celebrating a colleague for their work.

We are also seeking photograph submissions to be used on the cover page. The photograph does not necessarily have to fit with the theme...we are simply looking to feature images from our community's collections! Do you have a favourite photo from your collection? Send it our way!

If you are interested in contributing to the 2023 edition of the MAIGazine, please send your submissions as a Word Document to Amber Mandich ([log in to unmask]) by July 21. If you are including photos with your submission, please send them as JPEG files. Feel free to contact Amber with any questions about submitting your article.

For information about MAIG, or to view past issues of the MAIGazine, please visit our webpage here: http://aao-archivists.ca/maig .

Thank you in advance for your submissions. We look forward to reading your articles!

Sincerely,
Amber Mandich, MAIG Vice-Chair

Amber Mandich
Archivist Assistant