I am very sad to learn of the passing of John Lund.  Since his arrival in Ontario to join the City of Ottawa Archives  he has been a committed and active member of the archival scene here.  I got to know John a little through his involvement with the AAO and meeting up with him at conferences.  He was a colleague you could always count on to be generous with his knowledge and advice.  I found him to be a generally quiet man but with a wicked wit and not afraid to express his opinions.  His presence in the archival community will be greatly missed.

My sincere condolences to Johns' colleagues at the City of Ottawa Archives, and to his family and friends.

Iona McCraith
Heritage Consultant
mobile: 705-772-1309