We still have room in our upcoming workshops:

----------

The Clamshell Box

Looking for a way to protect your special books, store photographs or
prints? The clamshell, or Drop Spine, Box is a perfect way to both protect
and present your important items and books. Clamshell boxes are study and
attractive, constructed with book board and covered with colored cloth and
paper. Boxes can be made in any dimension and for any format. At the end of
the class we will end up with a beautiful hand-made box for your items. The
instructor will provide handouts so that you can make boxes after the class.

Monday & Tuesday, September 11 & 12
9:00 – 4:00 pm with a 1 hour lunch
*----------*

Preservation Enclosures

Join us for Preservation Enclosures. We’ll be learning about the tools and
materials you’ll need to make boxes and enclosures for a variety of
materials. During the workshop, we’ll concentrate on a variety of box and
enclosures. Once the workshop is completed, you’ll have several options to
protect your books and papers.

Sat & Sun, Sept 16 & 17
9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 1 hour lunch
-------------

Workshops take place in our bindery in Scarborough.

See examples of both workshops and registration information at
https://bigriverbindery.com/workshops/

--
Andrew Huot
Bookbinder and Conservator