Dear colleagues,
I am exploring the feasibility of conducting an audit/assessment of the accessibility of our research facility from a disability justice perspective. By this I mean that we want to assess our physical space and provision of programs and services through the lens of accessibility with the "expectation of difference" (Naomi Ortiz), mindful of identity and cultural intersections, rather than simply achieving compliance with an accessibility code such as AODA. We are expecting to hire outside consultants to do this work. If your institution has done something similar, or contemplated this kind of work, I would be glad to hear about your experience and any recommendations.
Many thanks in advance,
Amy

Amy Marshall Furness (she/her)
Rosamond Ivey Special Collections Archivist and Head, Library & Archives
[cid:image001.jpg@01DA17AB.68D97860]
416 979 6660 x6356
AGO.ca<http://www.ago.ca/> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/AGOToronto> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/AGOToronto> | Instagram<https://instagram.com/agotoronto/>

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.