Forwarding on behalf of Dr. Jessica Vorstermans and York International

SHPM has a new exciting course in Holguin, Cuba in Summer 2024 term! Taught by Dr. Jessica Vorstermans, spend 2 weeks exploring key areas of the right to health, education, art, history, and culture and ways that Cuba has built their social fabric in a way that delivers exceedingly high health outcomes, rooted in a health equity approach. This course will take place in Holguin, Cuba in partnership with the University of Holguin and the Medical University of Holguin. We will be learning in many different spaces: at the two universities, in community health clinics, hospitals, cultural sites, historic sites and in exchanges with Cuban students. You do not need to speak Spanish, we will have simultaneous translation for all learning. All students enrolled in course are automatically eligible for a $1000 bursary!

Interested? Come to a zoom info session to learn more, meet the prof & ask all of your questions!

Experience Cuba - Study Abroad Virtual Info Session Nov 22 - 4pm

Experience Cuba - Study Abroad Virtual Info Session Nov 23 - 1pm

More info here: https://yorkinternational.yorku.ca/hlst4170_cuba/