Hi BHS students,

I am forwarding the following event details.

Regards,

Amanda Furlano

Program Assistant

School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

T 416-736-2100 ext 55157

health.info.yorku.ca

Faculty of Health  | York University Logo

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.

Launch of new Mad Studies Publication & Film Screening on Racialized Mental Health

with Q&A with directors Nesa Huda, Kagan Goh, and Emmanuel Teji

Friday, December. 1, 2023, 1:00 - 4:00 pm

Nat Taylor Cinema, York University Ross Building, North Side, R N 102

Free admission. Refreshments provided.

The Critical Perspectives on Mental Health Robarts' Research Cluster invites you to the launch of their second special edition of Canada Watch: Rethinking, Reframing, and Reimagining Madness, followed by a screening of short films related to racialized mental health and a discussion with the 3 Canadian Directors.

Come join us for an afternoon learning about mad studies research coming out of Canada. The short films bring attention to Canadian experiences that are not often discussed and show the multitude of intersecting identities among Canadians. The intention is to bring together the York community to engage in a dialogue about mental health and madness among racialized communities in Canada.

Click here to RSVP today!

Content warning: the short films explore the themes of suicide, self-harm, mental illness, and social exclusion, that some viewers may find difficult to discuss.

This event is possible with the support from the York Centre for Asian Research and the Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies.