*https://medium.com/@rahimthawer/the-holiday-greeting-your-company-wont-ever-send-db16c3bbb9dc
<https://medium.com/@rahimthawer/the-holiday-greeting-your-company-wont-ever-send-db16c3bbb9dc>*

The holiday greeting your company won’t ever send
[image: Rahim Thawer]
<https://medium.com/@rahimthawer?source=post_page-----db16c3bbb9dc-------------------------------->

Rahim Thawer
<https://medium.com/@rahimthawer?source=post_page-----db16c3bbb9dc-------------------------------->
3 min read
·
7 hours ago
<https://medium.com/plans?dimension=post_audio_button&postId=db16c3bbb9dc&source=upgrade_membership---post_audio_button---------------------------------->

To All Our Valued Employees,

As the holiday season approaches, I want to reflect on the year we have
shared and express my deepest gratitude to each of you. This time of year
prompts us to consider the broader world and our place within it,
recognizing our joys and challenges.

This year, we have been particularly mindful of the ongoing effects of
settler colonialism here in Canada, including surfacing news of ethnic
fraud, a refusal to search landfills for murdered and missing Indigenous
women, and millions of dollars spent on RCMP policing to secure pipeline
projects that have directly undermined the ethos of reconciliation. We
acknowledge the deep and complex layers of these issues but also recognize
that it’s inappropriate to hide behind the guise of “complexity.”

We are witnessing an ongoing genocide of Palestinians despite international
demands for a ceasefire. This has had, and continues to have, a profound
impact on many within our global community, including some of you, our
valued team members.

We are disappointed by the actions and policies that contributed to these
global challenges, including those by the Canadian government. For example,
Trudeau declaring that Israel had a right to defend itself against an act
of resistance – as awful as October 7th was – to an illegal occupation was
a grave mistake. Nothing can justify the ongoing siege and unrelenting
bombardment we’ve seen for which our Prime Minister gave the green light.

Our firm belief is that businesses like ours play a crucial role in
fostering a fairer and more just world. In line with this, we are committed
to a company-wide boycott of all businesses that are found to fuel or fund
acts that go against our core values of peace and justice. An external
consultancy has been retained to conduct an immediate audit of our spending
to provide recommendations that align with the BDS movement.

Furthermore, I want to make it abundantly clear that our company stands
firmly against all forms of hatred and bigotry. Yet, we also appreciate
that we cannot take an “All Lives Matter” approach to a current
humanitarian crisis that specifically affects Palestinians. Further, we
recognize that criticism of the policies and actions of a country should
never be conflated with prejudice against a group of people based on their
faith or ethnicity. In our diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage
open and respectful dialogue, always upholding the values of understanding
and empathy.

As we look towards the holiday season, I want to extend my warmest wishes
to you and your families. May this time bring peace, joy, and a chance to
recharge and reconnect with loved ones. Let us carry hope into the new
year, a hope for a world marked by greater understanding, peace, and
justice.

Thank you for your continued dedication and hard work and for being an
integral part of our company. Here’s to a peaceful holiday season and a
promising year ahead.

At the risk of being cancelled,

CEO, *Values Are Everything Inc.*