Hello All,

We are about to embark on an expansion and renovation project to our archival building.  As the construction does not involve our archival storage areas directly, we were planning on leaving all records in place, but construction workers or equipment might be moving through some storage areas.

Just wondering if anyone who has experience of a renovation, big or small, at an archives has any wisdom to share?  Should we be draping everything in plastic just in case?  Is there something you wish you had included or done differently?  Any horror stories that can serve as a warning?  Or encouraging stories of good experiences?

I want to make sure my contingencies have contingencies!

Thanks!

Christina

Christina Wakefield, MA, MLIS (she/her)

City Archivist

City of Thunder Bay
500 Donald Street East
Thunder Bay, ON
P7E 5V3

807-625-2822

Honoured to live and work on the traditional territory of the Ojibwa of Fort William First Nation, signatory to the Robinson-Superior Treaty of 1850. We also acknowledge the contributions of Métis peoples to our community.

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments. ====================================