FYI

Rahim Thawer
affectiveconsult.ca

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jordan Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 14:17
Subject: Announcing Launch of StopConversionPractices.ca

Hello,

The Community-Based Research Centre, in partnership with No Conversion
Canada, is proud to announce the launch of the StopConversionPractices.ca
<https://stopconversionpractices.ca/> knowledge centre. As a survivor and
peer researcher of conversion practices and other change efforts, I am
thrilled to see the website live!

The creation of this website is thanks to folks like you who survived
conversion practices, who conduct research, who participated in research
(surveys, focus groups and interviews), who served on Advisory Committees,
and who continue to work in so many ways to stop these harmful practices
from continuing to happen. I am so very grateful for each of you and your
contributions to this work!

StopConversionPractices.ca <https://stopconversionpractices.ca/> is
primarily for practitioners, service providers of queer, trans, and
Two-Spirit people, and policy makers, but is also intended for survivors,
their families and friends, and anyone wanting to deepen their
understanding of conversion practices and change efforts.

We recognize that this website just scratches the surface of what is
needed. We plan to add more resources in the coming months including an
Advocacy section, information about CP-related trauma, and hope to add
referral lists of affirming faith organizations and mental health
practitioners experienced in working with survivors. All feedback is most
welcome.

Collectively we have a lot of work ahead of us in ending conversion
practices in Canada, but today I am so very proud of the collective work
that has resulted in the creation of StopConversionPractices.ca
<https://stopconversionpractices.ca/>.

Feel free to share the Press Release
<https://www.cbrc.net/new_website_on_ending_conversion_therapy_practices_in_canada_launched_as_2nd_anniversary_of_federal_law_approaches>
and check out the site at stopconversionpractices.ca.

In the next week we will send you shareables which you can use to promote
the site on social media, if you have the time to do so. We appreciate
whatever promotion you can provide to your networks and/or members.

Happy New Year!

Jordan

--

*Jordan Sullivan*

Pronouns*: he, him*

*SOGIECE/CP Prevention & Survivor Support Coordinator*

*Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC)*

www.cbrc.net | [log in to unmask] | 252A Carlton Street, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M5A 2L1

*Find us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/theCBRC/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/thecbrc> - Twitter
<https://twitter.com/CBRCtweets> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/thecbrc>*

*Pronoms**: **il, lui*

*Coordonnateur de la prévention et du soutien aux survivant·e·s des TC*
*/SOGIECE*

*Centre de recherche communautaire (CBRC)*

*Retrouvez-nous sur Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/theCBRC/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/thecbrc> - Twitter
<https://twitter.com/CBRCtweets> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/thecbrc>*

*~ Respectfully acknowledging that CBRC is privileged to work on the
traditional territories of the Wendat, the Anishnaabeg, Haudenosaunee,
Métis, and the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation, and that our
work extends beyond the lands of these nations.*

*~ Nous reconnaissons respectueusement que la CRBC a le privilège de
travailler dans les territoires traditionnels des Wendats, des Anishnaabeg,
des Haudenosaunee, des Métis et des Mississaugas de la Première nation New
Credit, et que notre travail s'étend au-delà des terres de ces nations.*

--- Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are
confidential and subject to copyright. They are intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s) and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

--- Avis de confidentialité : Ce message et toute pièce jointe sont
confidentiels et assujettis au droit d’auteur. Il est de l’usage exclusif
du ou des destinataire(s) visé(s) et peuvent être confidentiels. Si vous
n’êtes pas le(s) destinataire(s) visé(s), nous attirons votre attention sur
le fait qu’il est strictement interdit d’utiliser cette information, de la
transmettre, de l’imprimer sur papier, de la copier, de la distribuer ou de
la diffuser. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé, veuillez en aviser
immédiatement l’expéditeur par courriel électronique et détruire ce message
et toute copie de celui-ci.