Good morning friends,

Just a gentle reminder that the Archives of Ontario’s #ArchivesAtoZ social media campaign will be starting on Monday, April 1 and will run until Friday, April 26. We’d love other archives and memory institutions to participate too!

The campaign works like this: each day will focus on a particular letter of the alphabet. Our post for that day will feature a key term that begins with that day’s letter and relates to the work or the collections of archives and memory institutions. For example, the Archives of Ontario’s word of the day for April 2 will be “boxes” (for the letter B), but feel free to come up with your own word or term for that day and all the others. Be sure to add the #ArchivesAtoZ hashtag to your posts so that we can see, like and share your content.

The aim for the #ArchivesAtoZ campaign is to increase the public’s general awareness about archives and similar institutions in a fun and engaging way.

The schedule for each day and its respective letter can be found below. For inspiration, we’ve also included the words that the Archives of Ontario will be sharing on its English and French social channels, but we encourage you to come up with your own words that best reflect your institution and collections – get creative!

If you’d like to follow along with the Archives of Ontario’s posts, our account handles are:

X (formerly Twitter): @ArchivesOntario (English) / @ArchivesON (French)

Facebook: @ArchivesOntario (English) / @ArchivesON (French)

Instagram: @archivesontario (English) / @archives_ontario (French)

Please don’t hesitate to connect with me if you and/or your institution is interested in participating, or if you have any questions or comments.

I look forward to seeing your #ArchivesAtoZ content!

Cheers,

Danielle Manning

T: 416-566-5419

E: [log in to unmask]

#ArchivesAtoZ Campaign Schedule and Archives of Ontario Words (English and French):

April 1: A (first day of campaign) – Archives & Awareness / Archives

April 2: B – Boxes / Boîtes

April 3: C – Cinema & Colour / Cinéma & Couleur

April 4: D – Drawing / Dessin

April 5: E – Education / Éducation

April 6: F – Film / Film

April 7: G – Government / Gouvernement

April 8: H – Huron / Huron

April 9: I – Integrity / Intégrité

April 10: J – James Bay Treaty / Le Traité de la baie James

April 11: K – Kodak / Kodak

April 12: L – Librarian and Library / Lettre

April 13: M – Mould / Moisissure

April 14: N – Nitrile (gloves) / Nitrile (gants)

April 15: O – Oops! / Oups!

April 16: P – Preservation & Puppet / Préservation

April 17: Q – Quantity / Quantité

April 18: R – Repair / Réparation

April 19: S – Stereoscope / Stéréoscope

April 20: T – Tourism / Tourisme

April 21: U – Use / Utilisation

April 22: V – Victory / Victoire

April 23: W – www (web archiving) / www (l'archivage Web)

April 24: X – X marks the spot / X marque l'endroit

April 25: Y – Robert Young (artist) / Robert Young (artiste)

April 26: Z (last day of campaign!) – Ziegler family fonds / Fonds de la famille Ziegler