When I tried to order _I Been There Before_, it was indeed listed in
Books in Print, but upon placing the order, my bookstore learned from
the publisher that it was actually out of print.  This seems to happen
a lot.  Books In Print lists such U of California P books as Twain's
_What is Man?_ and _Which Was the Dream?_, for example, yet both
books have been out of print for a long time.

If anyone is successful in buying a copy of Carkeet's book, though,
please report back to us.  In the meantime I'll try the Interlibrary
Loan route.

Regards,
Taylor