The new MT Encyclopedia is out and well worth the purchase.  Although
some errors are naturally to be found. The relative comprehensiveness
and thoroughness of the entries make this a necessary addition to a
Twainiak's library.  By the way, having just returned from Elmira,
where I was a guest lecturer, I might add that the planned NEH Seminar
with Jim Wilson is probably the single best way to spend a summer that
I can think of.  The staff in Elmira, especially the director of the
Center for Mark Twain Studies at Quarry Farm, Gretcchen Sharlow, are among
the most hospitable and professional that I have encountered anywhere.
But about the Encyclopedia:  it's well worth the purchase.

Joe McCullough
U. of Nevada, Las Vegas