Further to my previous posting, here's the reference for the new
mystery series featuring Mark Twain as a character:

     Peter J. Heck, _Death on the Mississippi: A Mark Twain Mystery_
     (New York: Berkeley Publishing Group, 1995).

The book will apparently be published in December 1995.  The directory
I checked (_Forthcoming Books_) lists two ISBNs, 0-425-14938-2 and
0-425-14939-0, and so this indeed looks like a series.  If you'd like
more info, you could try calling 1-800-223-0510.

I'll try to have this book reviewed on the MT Forum when it's
published.  If there are other recent books that you'd like to see
reviewed, feel free to send me titles and as much bibliographical info
as you can get.

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>