T. Williams was almost certainly Thomas Marion Williams.  His calling
     card with his New York address penciled on the back (204-W-96th) is in
     the Mark Twain Papers.  On the front, where his name is printed,
     Clemens has written:  "He's a fool.  Webster could always select a
     fool."  Beyond that we have not gone, or perhaps need to go.

     On the other hand, anything Barb finds out about True W. Williams will
     be of great interest to the editors here in the Mark Twain Project.
     We know almost nothing about him beyond what Clemens, Orion, and
     sometimes Bliss have said in their several letters.

     Robert H. Hirst
     General Editor, Mark Twain Project