================= HES POSTING =================

I stumbled upon the following Web-site that might be of interest to some of
you:

        http://www.carl.org/uncover/

It is the Web-site of UnCover, an online periodical article delivery
service and a current awareness alerting service.

UnCover indexes nearly 17,000 English language periodicals in its database
and is still growing. Over seven million articles are available through a
simple online order system. Five thousand citations are added daily.
Articles appear in UnCover at the same time the periodical issue is
delivered to your library or local newsstand, which makes UnCover the most
up-to-date index anywhere. The UnCover Reveal Alert service delivers tables
of contents from the latest
periodical issues directly to your e-mail box and your stored search
strategies are automatically run each week against new articles added to
the database, and the results e-mailed. UnCover may be used for
up-to-the-minute information, delivered to you quickly. Searching the
UnCover database is absolutely FREE! You only pay for the articles that you
order. Articles cost US $8.50, plus copyright royalty fee.

UnCover is available over the Internet by telnetting to database.carl.org.
It is also offered through BH Blackwell's CONNECT Service. UnCover can be
dialed directly via modem at (303) 756-3600. The World Wide Web address is
http://www.carl.org/uncover. UnCover works with all standard communications
software, on any PC or Macintosh.

I couldn't figure out how far back it goes, so it might not be as useful
for historians of economics.

For a similar service focused on economics, check out:

        http://www.elsevier.nl/homepage/sae/

This is the Web-site of Elsevier Science, whose publishing programme
consists of more than one hundred international, scientific journals
covering a wide range of sub-fields. Many highly cited, renowned journals
are on this list. It also has important Book Series, among which 3
influential Handbooks Series.

Elsevier Science also offers Contents Alert Economics, an e-mail service
alerting readers to published articles in 34 economic journals published by
Elsevier/North-Holland. In weekly instalments, it provides full titles,
authors with their affiliations, keywords, JEL classifications, volume,
issue and page numbers for easy retrieval or the full article. Started
early in 1994, the service now has a total of 4,200 subscribers. Check out
the Web-site for subscription information.

Again, this might not be as useful for historians of economics, but I
thought some of you might benefit from this information anayway.

I believe the economics working paper archive has already been mentioned on
this list. It can be found at:

        http://econwpa.wustl.edu/wpawelcome.html

                        --Esther-Mirjam Sent, HES editor

 Department of Economics         426 Decio Hall
 University of Notre Dame        (219)631-6979 (O)
 Notre Dame, IN 46556            (219)631-8809 (F)

 http://www.nd.edu:80/~esent     [log in to unmask]