I also have been watching with some interest this discussion, but, although
I have been on-line for close to 3 years, it is only now that I feel able
to participate.  It is not because I didn't have any thing to say, it is
mainly because I did not yet have a work environment that allowed me to
explore this tool for my work.

I had a home office, but that to write a response, after hours, seemed too
much like work.  Obviously, I was still in a learning mode

I have a history of limited access, expensive access and steep learning
curves, all of which helped me to begin using IT,