I had the pleasure of attending Hal Holbrook's "Mark Twain Tonight!" at
the State Theatre in Easton, PA.  It was a very pleasant evening.
Twain's material is timeless and Holbrook has an amazing command of it.
I attended an earlier performance some thirty years ago at one of the
local colleges here.  I was impressed then and he has gotten better.
According to the program, he has over twelve hours of material that he
draws from, creating the program as it progresses.  Last night's program
contained scenes from Huckleberry Finn which received the greatest
applause. He blended several scenes together from the opening passage of
the book up to Huck's resolution to go to hell. It was so well put
together that someone unfamiliar with the book would think it was one
continuous passage.

The only difference I noticed from thirty years ago is the Holbrook is
using less make-up to get into character.

                                                                                        John Evans