================= HES POSTING =================

A colleague (John Moore, History) remembers reading the phrase 'new
ideas spread (or move) at the rate of a mile a year' (or something
very similar)in some eighteenth century economic writing, possibly
Arthur Young. He would like to find it again. I can't help. Can anyone?
Suggestions to me direct, please ([log in to unmask]) - I can't say
'direct to him', because he declines to use e-mail.

Tony Brewer ([log in to unmask])
University of Bristol, Department of Economics
8 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TN, England
Phone (+44/0)117 928 8428
Fax (+44/0)117 928 8577