Personally, I prefer books which are slanted wierdly over those which are
slanted conventionally.

I love it when our controversies are related to Twain studies.  This is
much more interesting than the question of why Taylor's requests--that
people not quote entire original messages, etc.--are seemingly ignored.
Or how many pedantic beverages I am committed to buy in August in Elmira.
Etcetera.

I hadn't responded to Kathy's query because I haven't read both books.
Between what Shelley wrote and what Shelley edited, Oxford Books took all
my money before Andy's book was published.  While I wait for my finances
to recoup, I hope Kathy O'Connell will put her story online, so I'll have
more previews to ponder.

If Twainiacs are mean drunks, I'm going to renig on my beverage promise.

larry marshburne