I wonder if anyone can think of a critical essay or chapter that discusses non-teleological thinking in relation to the character Huck Finn? I'm working on a Twain/Steinbeck comparitive paper and I think the thread of "is" thinking has potential to help prove my argument. I have material discussing Steinbeck and this way of thinking, but I'd also like to see if anyone has discussed it (or any analogues of it) and HF. Any help would be appreciated. I'll probably submit the paper to the forum once it is finished. Thanks, John