To everyone who replied, many thanks.

Well, if there are no recordings of Mark Twain's voice,
at least we still have Hal Holbrook!

I first saw Holbrook's portrayal "Mark Twain Tonight!"
on educational TV (NET?) back in the sixties - no PBS then.
I never saw it again -- until about seven years ago
when Holbrook came here to Milwaukee and I saw him perform live.
Amazing! Hal opened his show by invisibly blowing a puff of cigar
 smoke out from behind the curtain on stage-left. Then the
grand old man himself strode out to center-stage in his white suit.

Now, I'm not old enough to have ever seen the real Twain in the
flesh. So I have to accept this on faith -- Hal Holbrook _is_
Mark Twain! ...to me, at least, he seems to be.

So this leads up to yet another question. I don't think a video
exists of Mark Twain Tonight! Can anyone prove me wrong?
I would dearly love to get my hands on one.
So if anyone on the list knows how I may obtain such a tape,
please be kind enough to inform me. I would be most grateful.
I know the show was captured on film at least once,
since I saw the show televised some 30 years ago.

Paul Lyman