====================== HES POSTING ==================

Dear HESers:

The next message will contain John Lodewijks' editorial "Societies,
Journals, and Research in the History of Economics." Somewhat different
(and longer) than other HES editorials, Lodewijks attempts to survey the
state of our field around the world.

The web version of Lodewijks' editorial
(http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc/Resources/Editorials/Lodewijks/) provides
links for most of the societies, journals, regional associations, etc.
that are mentioned. If you know of other links of interest, please respond
to the editorial so we can include them in the HES website. Please also
feel free to respond to the editorial with information which updates or
expands Lodewijks', and to challenge, extend, or expand upon his
conclusions regarding the state of our discipline.

The discussion about the editorial will be archived both in the HES
list archives and via a separate web site
(http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc/Resources/Editorials/Lodewijks/). The latter
site will be especially useful for instructors who wish to assign the
editorials for classroom reading -- students will have access to the
editorials, the conversation emerging from them, and related links.

We invite you to nominate individuals to write editorials (including
yourself!), and/or to suggest topics. You can respond privately to Ross
Emmett ([log in to unmask]).