The Mark Twain Forum needs a reviewer for the following book:

     Vitale, Joe.  _There's A Customer Born Every minute: P.T. Barnum's
     Secrets to Business Success_.  New York: AMACOM, 1998.  Pp. xviii +
     217.  Bibliography, index.  Paper, 6" x 9".  $17.95.
     ISBN 0-8144-7953-7.

The publisher's web site describes the book thus:

     Among his many incarnations, P.T. Barnum always maintained one
     role: that of the greatest promoter of all time.  He added mystery
     and dazzle to every project he touched, sending the public into a
     frenzied stampede--straight through his doors.  How did he do it?
     What business secrets can we learn from him today?

     Here is the first book to explore Barnum's extraordinary genius for
     making money.  It follows his fascinating and wildly varied career
     as a newspaperman, a politician, an entrepreneur, a promoter, and
     the founder of both America's most popular museum and its most
     famous circus--revealing the business tactics he employed each step
     of the way.

     As the book shows, it's not enough just to advertise, or set up an
     ordinary table at an annual trade show, or hand out pens and coffee
     cups.  These are shown to be the hallmarks of mediocrity, of a
     business doomed to stagnate--even fail--in today's competitive
     environment.  By following Barnum's lead, readers will learn to
     stretch their minds, grow their businesses, line their
     wallets . . . and have some fun in the process.

     Joe Vitale (Houston, TX) runs an advertising, marketing, and
     promotion agency.  He is the author of seven books, including
     _CyberWriting_ (Amacom) and _Turbocharge Your Writing_.

The index has five entries for Mark Twain.

As usual, the review must be of publishable quality, and it would be due
within two months of your receipt of the book (i.e., due late-April
1998).  The deadline is particularly important, as we are making every
effort for Forum reviews to appear before print reviews.  If you are
inclined to procrastinate, please don't offer to review the book.

If you would like to see the general content and style of Forum book
reviews, feel free to browse the archive of reviews, at the following
     http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/

If you're interested in writing a review, please send me both your home
and institutional mailing addresses and phone numbers.  If I don't
already know you, it would be helpful for you to explain in what respect
you're qualified to write the review.  (If we haven't exchanged e-mail
recently, it might be a good idea for you to remind me of this info.)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Taylor Roberts
Book review editor, Mark Twain Forum