Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:10:48 -0500
From: Katz Mike <[log in to unmask]> (by way of Scott Alan Stewart <[log in to unmask]>)
To: Interactive Healthcare Education <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Anyone Interested In Donated Computers?

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 09:50:00 -0400
From: Katz Mike <[log in to unmask]> (by way of Scott Alan Stewart <[log in to unmask]>)

[Forwarded from the MEDLIB-L list by Scott Stewart]

My name is Michael Katz.  I'm a board member of the Association for Cancer
Online Resources (www.acor.org), which provides online information for lay and
professional folk interested in cancer.

We are working on securing a donation of a significant number of computers
to beused for lay access to online cancer information.  We would then place at
facilities  accessible to patients, caregivers and other interested folks.

We'd like to know if any of you have facilities for patients researching
cancer
treatments and related info and would be interested in receiving a donated
computer outfitted with the appropriate hardware and software.

If so, please send a private message back to me at [log in to unmask]
indicating
who you are and the facility in which the computer would be placed.

Michael S. Katz

Note:  It would be important for the computer to have access to an internet
connection or a telephone line which could be used for a modem to access an
internet provider.