Okay, I've gotten the bee out of my bonnet from yesterday.  I few points.

I agree totally with the idea that we shouldn't take ourselves too
seriously, especially in this forum.

I feel a little ashamed for forgetting that.

I suppose I reacted the way I did, because I perceived the "book review" to
be more of attempt to ridicule someone rather than to celebrate Twain's
humor.  I think that Twain's is of a more subtle kind, even when it cuts to
the quick-- and precisely for that reason, he's why I'm here-- though I
agree that I shouldn't speak for others.

At any rate, I certainly don't believe any more that Wes Britton's comments
were intended to be cruel.

On the other hand:  My spell check comment was a cheap shot.

Speaking of which, I agree-- Twain were alive, he would probably more
likely be Mike Tyson's business manager than be here, worrying about
biography lists.  But I won't talk your ear off speculating about that.

Okay, granted-- my humor and this forum: perhaps it's better that never the
twain shall meet.

(ouch, I think I pulled a muscle there)

yours (with rimshots),

Rob Cosgrove