          [130.63.236.89]) by sundial.ccs.yorku.ca (8.8.8/8.8.5) with ESMTP id
          SAA27090 for <[log in to unmask]>; Sun, 14 Mar 1999
          18:01:16 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 01:01:37 +0200
To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask] (Bekir Kemal Ataman)

Hello,

For a study I am currently doing, I need the answers to the following
questions about the list. Could the list administrator and/or moderator
respond to my questionnaire and send it to me off the list at
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] I have already filled in the
parts I could find the answers for. Please feel free to correct them too,
if you see any errors.

Name of the list: AAOLIST
Subject of list: Archives Association of Canada
Country specific? Yes
          If yes, country: Canada
List server software:
List address for messages: [log in to unmask]
List address for subscriptions: [log in to unmask]
Web site for information about the list? Yes/No
          If yes, URL for information:
Web site for subscriptions? Yes/No
          If yes, URL for subcriptions:
Web site for archive of old messages? Yes/No
          If yes, URL for archive:
Moderated? No
          If yes, name and e-mail of moderator: n/a
Open discussion? (Can anyone post? Or is it open to list members only?) Yes/No
          Name and e-mail of administrator: Suzanne Dubeau
Language: English, French
Date established:
          Name and e-mail of founder:
Number of subscribers as of this date:
Last 100 messages were posted in how many days?
Permission to transfer to archimac site: Yes/No
          If yes, date of correspondence:
          If No, see the "Request for Permission" below.
Topics discussed (types of questions/messages posted/discussed):

REQUEST FOR PERMISSON TO TRANSFER MESSAGES TO ARCHIMAC BBS

I am the Sysop of ArchiMac BBS, the first and the only Bulletin Board
System on earth to serve the Archives and Records Management profession.

As part of this service, my board carries all mailing lists of relevance to
the profession and transfers messages written to these lists to its echo
conference areas. The echo areas can also be read from the web interface of
the BBS by pointing your browser to
http://www.archimac.marun.edu.tr/Archimac and then following the links
Login - Conferences. When prompted for account and password, you can enter
Guest for both to see how it works.

The software I use for this purpose works in one way only. That is, the
mailing list messages are transferred to the board but replies sent to the
board are not transferred to the list. So, literally, it works as a
read-only thing on my part. The users can send messages to your list only
via their own e-mail and only if your list is an open discussion list.

The purpose behind all this, is to create a means for the students (about
100) and staff (about 15) at Marmara University's Archives Department to
follow all mailing lists relating to the profession but in doing this to
keep the bandwith usage at the minimum. That is, instead of getting each
and every list for some 115 times, to get them just once and let everyone
share it. This is true for anyone else interested in the subject, too,
since the board and its web interface is open to public as guests and to
archives and records management professionals as registered users.

I have got intentions to transfer your list to the board and the web
interface, too. If you have got any objections to this, please let me know,
and I will take no action in that direction. If not, I would appreciate if
you drop me a line of consent.