Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:07:53 -0500
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
From: Jim Hutchinson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 12/7 Conf

Tues. December 7,1999   11:00 a.m.--12:00 noon Eastern Time

GHA Telnet Information Conference

COST: Only that of the connecting phone call

Registration: By return email to this announcement to receive connecting
number

TELEMEDICINE TeleJournal presents: North Carolina Floods Prompt
                                   Telemedicine Technology Use in Short and
                                   Long Term Disaster Relief Efforts

Guest Faculty:
                Sue Gustke, MD
                Medical Director for telemedicine
                East Carolina Medical University

                David Balch, MA
                Director of Telemedicine
                East Carolina Medical University

Program Host:

J.R.B. Hutchinson, M.D.
        Chairman, Georgia Telemedicine Association
        Member, Georgia Telemedicine Task Force

The Telemedicine TeleJournal aims at real world success stories and issues
with maximum fact,
directing attention to clinical use.

TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED
1. Brief background of the ECU Telemedicine Program
2. The '99 Floods
3. Action plan used in meeting the initial disaster
4. Co-ordinating with local healthcare providers
5. How well did our technologies meet the crisis?
6. How well did our people meet the crisis?
7. Things we have changed to meet the next disaster
8. Long term approach to recovery. Is there a role for
Telemedicine/Telehealth?
9. Getting medications/care to those with acute/chronic illness
10.Mental health aspects of this disaster

These and other areas will be addressed. You are welcome and invited to
share in the Q&A portion of the program. Reserve your seat now at this
informative session by return email to
this announcement.

Please note that there are no handouts or written materials available from
this program.
Call in acceptance for Conference is on a first call in basis.

This message from Jim Hutchinson, Atlanta, Georgia  USA