On behalf of the Preservation Committee of the Archives Association of Ontario, I am pleased to announce that our new (and first) Preservation Consultant is Iona McCraith.  Iona brings a wealth of knoweldge on preservation matters to the AAO.  She was previously Head Conservator at the Archives of Ontario and is currently a part-time instructor in the Conservation Technician program at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Peterborough.  Iona is well know within the archival community, particularly for her contributions to the Canadian Council of Archives' Preservation Committee and her outreach while at the Archives of Ontario.  The AAO is extremely pleased to welcome Iona aboard to serve the AAO's membership.  Feel free to contact Iona or myself for information on the range of services she can provide or to arrange for a referral for a preservation assessment.  Detailed information on her services will appear in the next edition of Off the Record.   Iona can be contacted or congratulated at:

Iona McCraith
AAO Preservation Consultant
22 Slalom Drive
Bethany ON  L0A 1A0
Phone:  705-277-1309
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

On behalf of the AAO's Board, membership and staff, I wish Iona all the best in her new capacity!  Sincerely,

Brian Masschaele
AAO Archives Advisor
395 Wellington Road, P.O. Box 25172
London Ontario Canada N6C 6A9
Phone:  519-690-2870  Fax:  519-690-2871  E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Web:  http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/people/affiliated/aao