From:
[log in to unmask] (J. Barkley Rosser, Jr.)
Date:

Hamid, I was under the impression that probably the most inventive
and creative writer on economics among the medieval Muslim
intellectuals was Ibn Khaldun of Tunis.  Is this not correct?  If one
were to argue for one of that group to get this "award" (a pointless
debate in my book, even though I am indulging in it), would it not be
Ibn Khaldun?

To Pete Boettke:  I confess that I am probably too busy to go look at
Nutter's stuff, although I would not doubt that there may be
controversy about these matters.  I have certainly read plenty regarding
a major merger wave in the US at the end of the nineteenth century, but,
who knows?  The issue may be more complicated when one looks
internationally, although it is my understanding that at least in Germany
there was a major merger wave in that period also.  But, I am not an
expert on this matter.