From:
Sutherland Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:28:42 +1100
I am seeking information about frameworks for health promotion competencies.
Key words include health promotion, primary health care, prevention and
community development.  The context for competencies is as follows:

1. Full time professionals
2. Health professionals requiring the capacity to design and implement small
programs whilst in service delivery.
3. Competencies for health managers who have responsibility for health
promotion as a broad program function.

We are a small state with no major health promotion courses at tertiary
level of greater than short course in length.  (We have one on-line course
for community development of short duration).  There are several courses
that can be done by distance education from other states

If you know of courses that explicitly state the skills, knowledge,
attitudes and values that are being taught, up front, that would be helpful.

At present I have a 1994 Australian (NSW) set of competency based standards
for dedicated health promotion professionals. However I am mindful of the
recent knowledge development and how it has been incorporated into training.

Regards

Alan

Alan Sutherland
Health Promotion Policy Officer
Strategic Analysis and Research
Strategic and Corporate Support Division
Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 125B, Hobart
TASMANIA
AUSTRALIA       7000

Phone: (03) 6233 3147
FAX:     (03) 6233 2899
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Australian International:
011 + 61 + 3 + (eight digit call number)