From:
Sherryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:50:56 -0400
This has been around for awhile but is more relevant than ever. Think
about  how else $40 BILLION dollars could be spent to prevent further
terrorism in the world.

If we could shrink the world's population to a village of precisely 100
people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same , it would
like like the following.
There would be :-
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from north and south America
8 Africans
52 would be female
48 would be males
70 would be non -white
30 would be white
70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian
89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual
6 people would possess 59% of the world's (village) wealth and all of
them would be from the USA
80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death;1 would be near birth
only 1 would have a college education
1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the
need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly
apparent.