From:
[log in to unmask] (Daniele Besomi)
Date:
I recently went through a number of HET treatises and textbooks looking
whether and how Roy Harrod was mentioned. I found some titles by subject
search in the Cambridge University Library catalogue, but the
incompleteness of the list made me realize that it would be quite useful if
a more or less complete list was available.

If suggestions keep coming in, I volunteer to rearrange them in
chronological order and post them on the web. I expect there is much also
in languages other than English: it could be interesting to compare output
and dates.

Meanwhile here is a list of texts published after the war:

E. Whittaker, A History of Economic Ideas, London: Longmans, 1940
E.Heimann, History of Economic Doctrines. An Introduction to Economic Theory,
Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1945
L. H. Haney, History of Economic Thought, New York, 1949
J. F. Bell, A History of Economic Thought, New York: The Ronald Press Company, 1953 and
1967
J. A. Schumpeter, A History of Economic Analysis, London: Allen and Unwin [1954]
E. Roll, A History of Economic Thought, London: Faber and Faber 1955 (2nd edition)
R. Lekachman, A History of Economic Ideas, New York: Harper & Brothers, 1959; M. Blaug,
Economic Theory in Retrospect, Cambridge University Press, 1961 (3rd
edition)
W. J. Barber, A History of Economic Thought, Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1967
L. C. Robbins, The Theory of Economic Development in the History of Economic Thought,
London: Macmillan, 1968
P. Deane, The Evolution of Economic Ideas, Cambridge University Press, 1978
E. K. Hunt, History of Economic Thought: A Critical Perspective, Belmont: Wadsworth, 1979
G. Routh, The Origin of Economic Ideas, London: Macmillan 1989 (2nd
edition)
R. Backhouse, Economists and the Economy. The Evolution of
Economic Ideas 1600 to the Present Day, Oxford: Blackwell, 1989
C. E. Staley, A History of Economic Thought From Aristotle to Arrow, Oxford:
Blackwell, 1989
J. Niehans, A History of Economic Theory. Classic Contributions 1729-1980, Baltimore: John
Hopkins, 1990
R. B. Ekelund, Jr., and R. F. Hébert, A History of Economic Theory and Method, New York:
MacGrow-Hill, 1990 (3rd edition)
J. K. Galbraith, A History of Economics. The Past as the Present, Harmondsworth: Penguin,
1991 (reprint of 1987 edition)
E. Screpanti, S. Zamagni, An Outline of the Histroy of Economic Thought, Oxford:
Clarendon, 1993
T. Dome, History of Economic Theory. A Critical Introduction, Aldershot: Elgar, 1994
H. Landreth, D. C. Colander, History of Economic Thought, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1994
I. H. Rima, Development of Economic Analysis, London: Routledge, 1996 (5th edition)
S.C. R. Munday, Current Developments in Economics, London: Macmillan, 1996
L. C. Robbins, A History of Economic Thought. The LSE Lectures Princeton
University Press, 1998.

Daniele Besomi
Daniele Besomi
 c.p. 7