Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:18:29 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (Anthony Brewer)
==================== HES POSTING ====================

Annual (UK) History of Economic Thought Conference
University of Bath, 7-9 September 1998
Call for Papers

Bath is a particularly suitable venue for this year's conference since
1998 is the bicentenary of Malthus's Essay on Population and he had
strong connections with the Bath area and with the parish of Claverton
(in which the University of Bath is located).

Though this is not a bicentenary conference it will include a symposium
on recent research on Malthus in the history of economic thought. We
therefore invite papers in this area. We also invite papers in all other
areas of the history of economic thought. Could prospective contributors
please submit a title and 500 word abstract to the conference organiser
by 15 March 1998.

Conference accommodation is on the university campus and is all
en-suite. Anticipated cost in real terms is about the same as for the
1997 Bristol conference.

Conference organiser:
Dr Adrian Winnett
Department of Economics and International Development
University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY
e-mail (preferred method of communication): [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44/0 1225 826826 x 5745
Fax: +44/0 1225 323423

Web page: http://www.ecn.bris.ac.uk/het/1998/
Tony Brewer ([log in to unmask])
University of Bristol, Department of Economics
8 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TN, England
Phone (+44/0)117 928 8428
Fax (+44/0)117 928 8577