From:
[log in to unmask] (Robert Leeson)
Date:

If it is Howard R. Bowen then a likely candidate is the Bowen
discussed by Solberg, W.U. and Tomlinson, R.W. 1997.
"Academic McCarthyism and Keynesian Economics: The Bowen
Controversy at the University of Illinois," History of Political
Economy, 29.1, Spring, 55-81.

I am currently writing about a research project on "Expectations
and Business Fluctuations" which was based at the University of
Illinois and which Bowen recruited Modigliani to lead.  If my
argument is correct then two divergent branches of economics -
rational expectations and bounded rationality - emanated not from
the Graduate School of Industrial Administration (GSIA) of the
Carnegie Institute of Technology in the late 1950s and 1960s but
from this University of Illinois research project in the early 1950s.
Any information and suggestions will be gratefully received.