Date:
[Posted on behalf of David Anderson. -- RBE]

Robert Leeson's query on Lloyd Mints came in just as I was
relishing the rich and anecdotal reading of Milton and Rose
Friedman's _Two Lucky People_:

"Lloyd Mints, although less brilliant and exciting than Viner, served
the same function for us in monetary theory that Viner did in price
theory. His Econimics 330 and 331 introduced us to the organic
core of monetary theory. Like Viner, Mints concentrated on the
fundamentals, not on institutional arrangements. He was thorough
and meticulous in his presentations and, again like Viner, assigned
us readings ranging over a wide variety of views. Neither used a
textbook but insisted we read the original sources. In Mint's case
that included Keynes's 1923 book _Monetary Reform_ and his two-
volume _Treatise on Money_. The _General Theory_ was still in the
future."

--- Rose Friedman (p 38)

David Anderson