From:
J. (J.)
Date:

Rod,

I'm sorry, but I do not see how eating alone in one's
room affects other peoples' utilities in any meaningful
way whatsoever other than in a general "everything is
connected to everything else" sort of way, that is not
very useful for any kind of analysis, even if it is "ultimately"
true.

You mean this in the sense that if somebody eats
in their room it has an effect on other peoples' utilities
because it is not inducing nausea in pregnant women
whom might otherwise observe the person eating?

Barkley Rosser