Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:31:09 -0800
I am not aware of research findings specific to your request, but it is
likely that self-help groups on body image have helped some group members
reduce risk-taking behaviours. You could call contact people for body image
self-help groups and engage their experiential expertise on this topic.

Do you already have contacts with local groups in Halton? For more info on
self-help, and a searchable database of self-help groups in the Greater
Toronto Area, visit our website (see below). In most communities, Community
Information Centres are a good source to track down self-help groups.

Gillian Kranias
Coordinator, Ontario Self-Help Network (OSHNET)
Self-Help Resource Centre (SHRC)
40 Orchard View Blvd., Ste. 219,
Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
Tel: (416) 487-4355