From:
[log in to unmask] (Guido Erreygers)
Date:
I would like to know whether members of this list have any information
about Susanna Hotelling. I believe she was the wife of Harold Hotelling.

In April 1939 she published a critical review of Bernard Chait's *Les
Fluctuations Economiques et l'Interdépendance des Marchés* (Bruxelles,
1938) in the *Journal of Political Economy* (pp. 281-2). Bernard Chait
replied extensively in the October 1940 issue of the same journal (pp.
740-4).

In a letter of 3 October 1951 to Tinbergen, Chait wrote that his reply had
apparently had a "disavantagous effect" on the reviewer. As far as I can
see, apart from the review of Chait's book Susanna Hotelling never
published anything else. Does anybody know whether this is correct and why
this was the case?

Guido Erreygers
University of Antwerp