AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Suzanne Dubeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:30:55 -0400
Dear Colleagues...

I have been asked by the organizing committee of this dinner to post
this to the AAOLIST.  Archivists are welcome to join our librarian
colleagues to hear Rick Salutin speak on the subject of private
universities in Canada.  I am particularly pleased to post this notice
as York University Archives is the repository of Mr. Salutin's fonds
d'archives. Hope to see some of you at dinner!

The Ontario College and University Library Association
and the Librarians' Associations of York, Ryerson and
the University of Toronto present

The 2001 Ontario Academic Librarians' Spring Dinner

Hosted by York University Librarians and OCULA

This year's speaker:

Rick Salutin on Private Universities and the Future of Canadian Higher
Education:

Join your colleagues for another stimulating evening of dinner and
conversation!

Speaker: Rick Salutin is a well known Toronto-based journalist,
playwright and social activist, known for his often controversial and
iconoclastic columns in the Globe & Mail.  Salutin has lectured in
Canadian Studies at the University of Toronto, and held the Maclean
Hunter Chair in Communication Ethics at Ryerson.

Come join us as Rick Salutin turns his critical eye to the current
debates about private universities in Canada. What does this mean for
the future of Canadian education?  Are we risking the accessibility and
integrity of higher education?

Where:
York University Faculty Club (Keele Campus)

When:
Thurs., May 24th
6:00 - Cocktails (cash bar)
7:00 - Dinner (vegetarian meal available by advance request)
8:00 - Rick Salutin’s Address

Cost :
OCULA or OLA members: $35 + GST = $37.45
Non-members: $38.50 + GST = $41.20
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 18th

Register Now:
By Phone: 1-866-873-9867 (toll free); 7:30am - 7:00pm
By Fax: 1-800-387-1181
On the Web: www.accessola.com
By Mail:
Ontario Library Association
100 Lombard St., Suite 303
Toronto, Ont.
M5C 1M3

--
Suzanne Dubeau
Assistant Head, York University Archives & Special Collections