From:
[log in to unmask] (Mongiovi Gary)
Date:
Hello, all.

The Review of Political Economy has received review copies of the following
books.  If you're interested in reviewing one or more of these books,
please e-mail me off-list.  I normally give reviewers a deadline of about 6
months and I try to be fairly generous with word-limits, so that the
reviewer can develop an idea or two in the review.

Some books will have more than one taker, so please allow me about a week
to sort out competing requests and select reviewers.  Suggestions for joint
reviews are most welcome, as are proposals for review articles, though I
don't want to overdo the latter. If you and I are not acquainted, please
provide a little info -- really, just a couple of sentences -- about your
background and qualifications.

Thanks in advance.  I look forward to hearing from many of you.

Gary Mongiovi, Co-editor
Review of Political Economy

Here's the list:

Books for Review
Review of Political Economy
April 2001

Richard Franklin Bensel: The Political Economy of American
Industrialization, 1877-1900 (Cambridge University Press).
Riccardo Belloriore & Piero Ferri (Eds): Financial Keynesianism and market
Instability: The Economic Legacy of Hyman Minsky, Vol. I (Elgar).
Riccardo Belloriore & Piero Ferri (Eds): Financial Fragility and Investment
in the Capitalist Economy: The Economic Legacy of Hyman Minsky, Vol. II
(Elgar).
Guillermo Calvo, Rudi Dornbusch & Maurice Obstfeld (eds): Money, Capital
Mobility and Trade: essays in honor of Robert Mundell (MIT Press).
Francois-Xavier Chevallier: Greenspan's Taming of the Wave (Palgrave).
Fabrizio Coricelli; Macroeconomic Policies and the Development of Markets
in Transition Economies (Central European University Press).
Gilles Dostaler: Le Liberalisme de Hayek (Reperes) [in French].
Rudi Dornbusch: Keys to prosperity: free markets, sound money and a bit of
luck (MIT Press).
David Friedman: Law's Order: what economics has to do with law and why it
matters (Princeton).
Peter M. Garber: Famous First Bubbles; the fundamentals of early manias
(MIT Press).
L.-A. Gerard-Varet, S.-C. Kolm & J. Mercier Ythier (eds): The Economics of
Reciprocity, Giving and Altruism (Macmillan).
Gerd Gigerenzer & Reinhard Selten (eds): Bounded Rationality: The Adaptive
Toolbox (MIT Press).
Ralph Gomory & William J. Baumol: Global Trade and Conflicting national
Interests (MIT Press).
G. C. Harcourt: Selected Essays on Economic Policy (Plagrave)
G.C. Harcourt: Fifty Years a Keynesian and Other Essays (Palgrave)
Eric S. Maskin & Andras Simonovitas (eds): Planning, Shortage and
Transformation: essays in honor of Janos Kornai (MIT Press).
Deirdre McCloskey: How to Be Human (though an Economist) (University of
Michigan Press).
David Newberry: Privatization, Restructuring and Regulation of Network
Utilities (MIT Press).
Michael Perelman: Transcending the Economy: on the potential of passionate
labor and the wastes of the economy (St Martin's).
Pier Luigi Porta, Roberto Scazzieri & Andrew Skinner (Eds): Knowledge,
Social Institutions and the Division of Labour (Elgar).
Christine Rider & Micheal Thompson (eds): The Industrial Revolution in
Comparative Perspective (Krieger).
Nathalie Sigot: Bentham et l'Economie: Un Histoire d'Utilite (Economica)
[in French].
John Toye: Keynes on Population (Oxford).
Aaron Warner, Mathew Forstater & Sumner Rosen (eds): Commitment to Full
Employment: The Economic and Social policy of William S. Vickrey (M.E.
Sharpe).
Christa Wichterich: The Globalized Woman: reports from a future of
inequality (Zed Books).