From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
Date:

[Posted on behalf of Daniele Besomi. -- RBE]

In January 1964 Harrod published an article in Encounter titled "Are we
really all Keynesian now"? I haven't read the article, but it's obviously
pertinent to this expression. Whoever first said it (and the clue could be
in Harrod's article), he must have done so before that. This discards all
answers given so far, except for the one quoted in the first message by
David Sarokin in
http://www.time.com/time/time100/scientist/profile/keynes03.html

But this is a second hand quote, and MAY be correect provided that
Johnson's action took place before January.

Daniele Besomi