From:
[log in to unmask] (Michael Perelman)
Date:

I recently saw a quotation from Marshall's _Industry and Trade_.
We don't have a copy in Chico.  If any of you are familiar with this,
perhaps you could tell me where it appears.

"For the business by which a person earns his livelihood generally
fills his thoughts during by far the greater part of those hours in
which his mind is at its best; during them his character is being
formed by the way in which he uses his faculties in his work, by
the thoughts and the feelings which it suggests, and by his
relations to his associates in work, his employers or his
employees."

Michael Perelman