From:
[log in to unmask] (Manuel Santos)
Date:

Could anybody provide information about the first woman economist to become a
member of Harvard Faculty?

I am working on Elisabeth Boody Schumpeter, who was trying to get some
kind of appointment from Harvard, after finishing her Harvard
(Radcliffe) doctorate in 1934. Allen, in his biography of Schumpeter
(Opening Doors), says it was a very difficult task for anyone, and even
more for a woman; I would like to assess how much. Thanks

Manuel Santos