From:
[log in to unmask] (J. Barkley Rosser, Jr.)
Date:

1)  I wish to thank Greg Ransom for his
clarification regarding his use of the term
"pathological" in regard to the reswitching
discussion.  It had initially appeared that he
was suggesting that anyone bringing up the
question of reswitching was somehow
"pathological."  I am glad that this was not
what he intended to imply.

2)  There is now an off-hes-list discussion
going on among various parties regarding the
differences of opinion regarding what happened
on the Hayek list and how it relates to HOPE
regarding the Reder article.  I think that is the
appropriate place for that (unfortunately rather heated)
discussion.  For the record I shall repeat that I
disapprove of anyone making threats of any sort
to the editor(s) of HOPE, but I do not feel that either
Greg Ransom or the Hayek list in general should
be held responsible for the reprehensible conduct
of certain individuals who may have posted on that list.

3)  I welcome Ross Emmett's suggestion of a
separate discussion of the Reder article and will
make my further remarks on that in a separate message.

Barkley Rosser